A nice simple cake using left over fruits. Slightly over ripe fruits are perfect for this. Saves throwing away and wasting it anyway.
10oz Self Raising Flour
a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
4oz Soft Brown Sugar
2-3 Pieces of fruit
Splash of Milk
and a sprinkle of Caster sugar
1. Grease your tin and pre heat over to 375 or gas mark 4
2. Sift flour, salt & cinnamon together in a large bowl. Rub in the butter and add the brown sugar
3. Peel and core the fruit, slice/dice into small pieces, and add to the mixture
4. Beat the eggs and add the splash of milk (you can add an extra little splash if the mixture doesnt stick together right) The mixture should look like a big sticky ball.
5. Add to the greases tin and bake for about an hour 25, or until firm, or when skewered the skewer comes up clean
6. Turn onto a cooling rack and sprinkle with a little caster sugar.
7. when cool, make a nice cuppa, slice cake, and spread on a little butter.
8. Put up feet and enjoy